In case you hadn't noticed yet, writing a novel is haaaaard. And we don't mean walking-up-a-steep-hill hard or having-to-tell-someone-they've-got-cake-on-their-chin hard, we mean like pushing something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of Smarties tube hard. But you know what? Every day, people do it. People have been doing it since the dawn of time. It's one of the reasons that we're so successful-slash-cataclysmic as a species; our ability to do art. It's what we were built for.
Think of this course like hypnobirthing for writers. NCT for novelists. Mothercare for motherfucking wordsmiths. This novel is coming out of you one way or another, we're just here to make the process smoother, calmer, and full of appropriate medication.
This is a badass course for badass writers. You'll start with a plan and finish with a novel. We won't lie: it's full-on. But the results are totally worth it.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
To guide you, step by step, towards a completed first draft novel in six months (or less, or more - it's up to you!)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will need some sort of plan for your novel before we start 'cause we're gonna hit the ground running and get writing pretty much straight away. We’re not going to spend a month or two rehashing the basics of plotting – we’re going to crack on with writing writing writing, taking everything we’ve learnt in Plotstormers and going broader, deeper and wordier. YEAH!
DO I NEED TO HAVE TAKEN PLOTSTORMERS FIRST?
Well, we’d prefer it if you had, but we understand that’s not always possible. So if you already have a plan for your novel and want to join the course, you can, just be aware that we use the Plotstormers format. If you're unsure, give us a yell on email@example.com and we'll help you out.
WHAT YOU GET
Omfg so much stuff!
- Week-by-week hand-holding to guide you through the process
- Exercises to help you dive deeper into your story and understand the technicalities and magic of story writing
- Ideas, examples and inspiration for every step of the way
- Personalised, focused targets to get you and keep you on track
- Access to our dedicated student Facebook group for chatting, critiquing and feedback with our amazing community of writers
- Regular webinars and Facebook Live sessions for questions, pep and general help
- The option for extra personalised feedback from tutors (note: this is a paid add-on)